A Tramp in the (Organic) Garden

Seeds, Smack Talk and Assorted Gardening Madness in South Pasadena, Los Angeles

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bombay Is Tha Bomb!

Almost the minute I landed in Bombay (the newer nationalistic title is Mumbai, but many still refer to it as Bombay) I felt completely at home- despite the 23 hours of flight time it took from Los Angeles to get there. My first impressions of Bombay was like this mesmerizing buzzing metropolis, totally living and breathing, completely alive and thoroughly dynamic. It really is the New York of India. I love it.

I also want to preface my photos by saying- I am the lamest ever and didn't take nearly enough photos to fully express the fullness of Bombay and India in general. But I was working! So my photos are really little snippets in passing....


This was my view from the Taj President Hotel where we were staying:


Just a street view while passing:


One morning I arose to this total ruckus. Later I asked the front desk what it was- it was a vegetarian protest! Protesting the eating of meat- how cool is that?? Only in India! As far as my simple American mind knows...


I scrawled my name on the wall of the nightclub, called the Ghetto, in Bombay, where we worked. Go before they paint over it! It's on the wall you face as you walk in. Go! Feel my heat...I was there, baby, and no dull Sharpie could stop my graffiti...Beat Street, King of the Beat...I am a tagging queen. Y'all suckah MC tagging crews better check it, 'cause mama's been to India...shiiiiiiiit.


The gateway of India across from the Taj Palace Hotel


That's all I have to show...totally lame. But whatevs...

Love,

Lolo

3 Comments:

At 08 February, 2007 08:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great site here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gardening for dummy site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 15 June, 2007 03:21, Blogger Aybuk H said...

Hey there,
I was just reading about your trip to India, and was planning to write my comment at the very end.
You had written 11/20/06, whereas in India we follow the British, so it should have been 20/11/06, but I am sure most people who visit night clubs would be used to that format too.
Will give more comments once I finish reading your blog.

 
At 19 June, 2007 20:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bombay is high on my list of exotic locales to visit....thanks for the photos and notes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home