A Tramp in the (Organic) Garden

Seeds, Smack Talk and Assorted Gardening Madness in South Pasadena, Los Angeles

Thursday, November 02, 2006

THURSDAY: Illegal Swiss Iceberg Lettuce

This is what the little winter bed looked like after Thursday morning, when I woke up a little earlier before work, and leaped out of bed and into the backyard to plant a stripe or 2 of Iceberg lettuce seedling, whose seeds I smuggled from Switzerland. At least I think that's what it is! I've never grown Iceberg of all things, so this should be interesting.

Tomorrow , if all goes according to plan, I'll be on to some radicchio and frisée!

2 Comments:

At 03 November, 2006 09:49, Blogger T said...

Hey...do you have any you want to sell?

 
At 20 February, 2007 21:06, Blogger phempton said...

Hey Loretta,

How did the Iceberg turn out? BTW nice pictures from Bombay.


Cheers,

Patrick - I Heart Gardening

 

Post a Comment

<< Home