A Tramp in the (Organic) Garden

Seeds, Smack Talk and Assorted Gardening Madness in South Pasadena, Los Angeles

Saturday, July 15, 2006

An Ode To Eggplant and Quick Aubergine Update


The eggplant that I planted, even though I'm allergic to eggplant and it makes my tongue itch-- is growing like crazy! I swear, the fruits are growing by the day. I don't know what to do with these suckers. I just like watching them grow...I love the relationship you develop with them. You reach out to touch the flowers and they prick you with their spiny little thorns. It's so S&M. The flowers are so sexy and purple, the whole plant is so mysterious. I grew it this year because I wanted to see the flowers unfold, like deadly nightshade...


PS- Eggplants are in the Solanaceae plant family, which also contains tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, Brugmansia, datura, tobacco and those petunias, too.

3 Comments:

At 23 July, 2006 09:12, Blogger T said...

I can't believe how your eggplant has grown. It was just yesterday it was just a little pot of leaves. It looks so healthy! You are a fantastic Garden Hoe! Much Love!

 
At 23 July, 2006 12:00, Blogger Loretta said...

Well, thank you to Alex's dad, please!

 
At 08 February, 2007 08:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great site here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a carrot companion gardening love planting secret successful tomato site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home