A Tramp in the (Organic) Garden

Seeds, Smack Talk and Assorted Gardening Madness in South Pasadena, Los Angeles

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Morning Cucumber Update

So I walked out this surprisingly cloudy and cool morning, my hands half covering my face, prepared to see the cucumber havoc I'd wreaked....and everything was all good. No leaves were burned. It lookes like I've killed most of the aphid colonies, but the ants have moved whatever survivors there are onto different parts of the leaves, and are still crawling all over, despite my spicy pepper, soap, and garlic brew! Perhaps I made it too weak...

So I sprayed the marinated overnight leftover onto the leaves, and am now preparing a NEEM tea brew to add to the mix. Usually the NEEM seeds are used in such preparations, but I have some leftove NEEM tea from India Sweets and Spices, so I'm going to give it a shot.

Gotta run! More on NEEM, ORGANIC PEST CONTROL, INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT, and how ANTS HERD APHIDS BECAUSE OF THEIR HONEYDEW later!

Here are some recent cucumber pics- horny bee:



And cucumber baby pic:

6 Comments:

At 31 July, 2006 11:44, Blogger Bomb Bay said...

MURDERER!

 
At 31 July, 2006 21:38, Blogger T said...

Great pic of the bee! You might need to start a blog on photograghy Chica.

 
At 02 August, 2006 05:37, Blogger Stunned Donor said...

Hey Loretta, I followed you here from my blog comments and I'm definitely going to put you in my links.

I don't know what it is, but every woman/girl I've ever met named Loretta has always been incredibly funny and you're upholding the tradition.

 
At 03 August, 2006 12:31, Blogger Loretta said...

Steven- Thank you kindly, Sir. I've much enjoyed reading your blogs.

Bomb Bay- I know your true identity and can expose you at any time!

Tiana- I love watching the horny bees do their work!

 
At 08 February, 2007 08:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great site here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a home gardening site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 08 February, 2007 08:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great site here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a home gardening site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home